Wednesday 18 March 2009

Veggie watch. Day 1


Just had the first ever salad roll of my life. Not quite the emasculating experience I thought it would be. No female genitalia growth just yet.

At the same time, there was an undeniable sense of dissatisfaction and unfulfilment. A 'Godfather; Part 3' of a lunch if you will.


Where was the core, the heart, the kernel of the meal? It was the Stones without Jagger, the Beatles without Lennon, Take That without Robbie (you know they've never been the same since).

I've printed off an email full of recipes featuring such delights as Spinach and Rice Pie and Organic Lentil Stew, both of which I'm pretty sure were used to extort confessions from terror suspects in Guantanamo Bay.

If I survive the night, I'll let you know how at least one of these dishes go down. In the meantime here's some vegetable humour, courtesy of Al.
























1 comment:

Miriam said...

Stop slagging off the lentils! There are an important source of protein!